is located eight miles south of Denton in south central Denton County and was originally part of the Chinn's Chapel settlement, established in 1853 by Elisha Chinn. Chinn's Chapel eventually became three small communities: Shiloh, Waketon, and Bartonville. Bartonville was settled in 1878 and named for T. Bent Barton. In 1886 a local post office was established. By 1890 Bartonville had twenty-five residents and a general store, a gristmill, and a cotton gin, all owned by the Barton family. Bartonville's population rose to an estimated at 100 in 1896 and the town had three general stores. Bartonville's post office discontinued in 1905. Population in Bartonville reached 380 by 1966.
In 1960, with cities such as Irving looking to expand northward, local residents feared annexation and Bartonville incorporated for the first time. The town then included Double Oak and Copper Canyon, as well as present-day Bartonville. Once the fear of annexation subsided a few years later, Bartonville citizens voted for disincorporation.
The present town of Bartonville, which encompasses 6.8 square miles, was incorporated in 1973. The town has continued to grow as part of the general development of the area north of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Bartonville is adjacent to the master-planned Lantana residential development, which is currently not incorporated.
Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.